February 22nd, 2007 | Posted in » Baptist Issues, Christian Living
In comments on my last post, I hit upon the idea of an accountability group for bloggers (and others) participating in online discussions, perhaps named “FBC Blogtown”. At it’s root, such a group would be intended to provide accountability relationships to participants, in hopes of cleaning up some of the vitriol we see in Baptist debates online.
Here’s a few of the ideas I was thinking of for the group:
– an accountability agreement that all participants would sign
– a website with a list of participants, their blogs, and contact information
– a blog aggregator (where snippets of posts from each participant, with links to posts, would appear)
– a private forum where participants could discuss issues related to blogging / accountability
– a small logo / banner that participants could place on their blog to identify themselves with the group
I don’t know where this will go… if it goes anywhere at all. I see immense potential in such a group, though… whether very limited in scope or something much more. But that’s the purpose of this post… to see what everyone thinks about the idea, and to develop it further if there’s interest.
Anyway… fire away. If you’ve got ideas, post ‘em here!