February 2nd, 2011 | Posted in » My Life / Family
A few random thoughts on Groundhog Day:
- It’s my mom’s birthday… hope it’s been great, Mom, and that Dad did something nice for you!
- Apparently, Punxsutawney Phil predicted an early spring because he didn’t see his shadow.Â I’m guessing either he’s blind or he simply froze to death crawling out of his snowdrift-covered hole.
- Who could forget the movie?Â Bill Murray played Phil Connors, the weatherman who was stuck in a time loop of some sort, repeating Groundhog Day over and over?Â Ever feel like that’s your life to some extent?
- I was back at work today after working from home for a couple days of winter weather.Â A couple observations…Â It’s MUCH quieter at work than at home (three rowdy kids make it rough).Â Somehow I’m more worn out from spending the day in the office than from working from the comfort of my home office.Â Then again, maybe I’m just tired after scooping a deeply drifted driveway so I could get to work.
- Snowpocalypse 2011 was a BIG disappointment.Â Sure, we had a decent snow, and the drifts are cool, but I was somehow expecting vehicles and homes to be buried by drifting snow based on the hype newspeople put out for several days before.
- Apparently it doesn’t matter how much thought you put into shoveling your drive… the city will still manage to plow it shut again when they come through.